Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend project

I'll be posting pictures soon of my weekend project. I started clearing out my pantry, and it snowballed into clearing out my kitchen cabinets, drawers, and countertops!

I'll admit right now that I am not a naturally organized person. It doesn't come easy to me at all. I am very visual (if it's not out in plain view, I forget about it. "Out of sight, out of mind" is how I operate, so a lot of things end up not getting filed). I also get easily distracted. Ever start a project and when you find something that belongs somewhere else, you notice that place needs work? Yep, I start working in the new area and abandon the original project for a little while. I'm not excusing myself at all, just pointing out that I'm still in the process of figuring out what does or doesn't work for me. Over the years, I have found several things that do work, and I'll post those later. Right now, I have semi-controlled chaos in my family room, kitchen, and back entry.

At this point, I am somewhere between minimalism and organizing. I want to get rid of things, but not everything! After that, I want to organize what's left. I have been reading some minimalism blogs, as well as organization blogs, and have been inspired by so many people!

My goal is to have a serene space for my family. Like me, my daughter is easily distracted. I also have a son with autism. We are striving to make our home serene with less visual distractions and clutter. Wish us luck! It's going to be a big summer project!

Have a great weekend!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment