Monday, June 20, 2011

Menu Monday and other musings

Hello! I hope everyone had a fabulous Father's Day weekend! We took it easy around here. We were happy to spend time with my wonderful husband, Mr. Beach, and let him know how much we all love him!

I am really at a loss this week on what to make for supper each night. Totally burned out on ideas. I'm going to try my best to come up with a few things, but this week might be a "fly by the seat of my pants" week as far as meal planning. Last week's menu was totally out the window by Tuesday.

So here goes:
Monday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Tuesday - Baked potatoes and salad
Wednesday - Bow tie pasta with alfredo sauce, salad
Thursday - no idea
Friday - no idea
Saturday - no idea
Sunday - no idea

See what I mean? I got nothin'. I do have food in the cabinets, fridge, and freezer, but I am just clueless on what appeals to my family and me right now. Any ideas would be welcomed!

Musings for Monday - I am really working hard on trying to get our house decluttered. It's still a disaster area around here. It is hard to declutter and reorganize and try to keep up with daily routines of laundry, meals, washing dishes, etc. However, I am going to get this done one project at a time. My problem is that I take on too much at one time and end up overwhelmed and abandoning the project. I started in the pantry on Friday, June 10th with my decluttering project. It spiraled out of control into the kitchen (have I mentioned how distractable I am?). Mr. Beach took quite a few things to Goodwill for me last week. I do have some other things that I'm trying to decide if I'll keep, sell, or donate.

I was able to return quite a few acrylic drawer organizers I had purchased about a month ago at the Container Store (thank goodness they have a great return policy and that I kept the receipt). Last month, I got on an organizing kick. Instead of decluttering first and then buying organizers, I bought organizers and later on I decluttered. The organizers were great and did a fantastic job of keeping my stuff visible, organized, and neat, but after doing a major decluttering session, I realized I didn't need them. My drawers and some of my kitchen cabinets are looking great now! My family room and kitchen island and countertops - not looking so great. Gonna work on that this week!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm going to be posting some pictures later this week when I get a chance to upload them.

Take care!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment