Monday, June 13, 2011

Menu Monday and Other Musings

Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! I am still knee deep in my decluttering project, so I am kind of winging it this week with my meal plans.

So, here's this week's tentative menu:

Monday - Cheese chicken, rice, broccoli
Tuesday - Lasagna leftover from Sunday
Wednesday - Chicken rolls (recipe I found from another blogger to try out), salad
Thursday - Spaghetti and meatballs, bread, salad
Friday - Eat out Friday (our weekly tradition)
Saturday - no idea
Sunday - no idea

We did stick to our menu pretty well last week! I need to start making a menu before I go grocery shopping though. It will certainly make it a lot easier for meal preparation since I will have everything I need on hand.

I wanted to share with you about our Eat Out Friday tradition. I don't mind cooking, but it's not my favorite thing to do. I do love eating out! I have a son with autism, and somehow, we started a tradition of eating out on Fridays as a reward for him going to school without a fuss, working hard, and participating. It just evolved into our now weekly tradition of Eat Out Friday. We used to go out to eat (McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Chili's, Olive Garden, etc). Several months ago, we started having my husband go out and pick up our food so we could eat at home. So we still have Eat Out Friday, but we eat in the comfort of our home. It's fun and we all look forward to it each week.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm going to be adding pics to my posts later this week. Hope y'all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment