Sunday, November 21, 2010

Menu Monday and other musings

Hello, everyone! I hope you had a fabulous weekend! Unfortunately, the cold I have had since last week has turned into a sinus infection (at least I think it has) and my teenage daughter is congested and running a fever. Yuck!

So on to Menu Monday! I started Menu Monday on my last blog, after being inspired by Erin at Perfect Sentiment. I thought I would try it again in an effort to be more organized. I have to admit that organization and time management are something I struggle with daily.

Since I've been sick, I haven't been to the grocery store and haven't made a menu yet, but I think I'll post some things I might make this week for supper. If you have a chance, please put a comment below letting me know what's on your menu this week! I love getting inspiration!

Monday: Leftover spaghetti, salad, bread
Tuesday: Grilled marinated chicken, toasted pine nut cous cous, green beans
Wednesday: Soup and sandwiches or baked potatoes
Thursday: Turkey, homemade mac & cheese, homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, Sister Schubert's rolls (these are addictive!), pumpkin pie, ice cream, cranberry sauce
Friday: Chicken wings, celery, Tostitos, salsa (this is our pre-game ritual food before an Alabama football game, so we can't break tradition, especially since they're playing Auburn!)
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Maybe pizza? or fast food?

Musings: I am glad to know I'm not the only one who loves Clorox wipes! I could kiss the person who invented them. I love the Clorox disposable toilet bowl cleaners too. Momnivore gave a great suggestion for those who are concerned about the environmental impact from Clorox wipes. She said that Method makes cleaning wipes as well. I know my Target sells Method products, so I will have to check it out. She also mentioned that she uses Mrs. Meyers for cleaning. I have heard great things about both of those product lines. Thanks, Momnivore for the suggestions!

Thank you to everyone who stopped by my blog from Melissa's "My Favorite Things" party at 320 Sycamore. Also, thanks to everyone who left a comment!

My goal with this blog is to try to blog 2-3 times a week. I'll be talking about everything. Some topics might be: autism (my 8 year old son has autism and was diagnosed at 2 years old), redecorating, cooking (more like, "please help me" posts, because I'm not a fabulous cook), homeschooling (I homeschool my daughter), makeup/skincare/haircare/nailcare, and life in general.

I'd love y'all to stop by and visit! Grab a cup of coffee, tea, or other beverage and let's get to know each other!

Have a fabulous week!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment