Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Monday! Menu Monday and other Musings

Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Our stove was out of commission for most of the day, so it was really late before we were able to get the turkey heated and the rolls baked. We ate as things were ready. Since we were so behind, we didn't do the homemade mac & cheese or the Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing. We had a great day though and the pumpkin pie with whipped cream was enough for my family to forget the mishaps of the day! Except my son, who decided we were having Chinese for Christmas!

I haven't give much thought to the menu this week, due to the holidays. So far, I only know what I am going to make for supper tonight:

Monday: grilled chicken, homemade mac & cheese, broccoli, rolls
Tuesday: this is the fundraiser night for my son's school at Stevi B's pizza - I think we might have that for supper
Wednesday-Sunday: no idea! Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Gotta head to the grocery store today. Yuck! Grocery shopping is one of my dreaded chores (right up there with cleaning the shower, tub, and toilet). However, it's got to be done or I will have a revolution at my house!

Over the weekend, we decided to eat at Olive Garden and take my 8 year old son to see Santa. My 14 year old daughter just wanted to go out to eat, but she tagged along with us to wait in line. I was so proud of my little man! Because of his autism, I wasn't sure how he'd do with Santa this year (he did great last year). He went right up to Santa and started reading his small wish list to the Big Guy. Santa had to get his attention to put little man on his lap, but the photographer got a great photo of Santa and little man reading the wish list together. I just need to remember to put a date on the back of the photo, because he wore the exact same shirt and jeans as he did for the Christmas 2009 photo!

Have a fabulous week and let me know if you have any suggestions on menus!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment